Monday, June 28, 2010

Zig and Zag Color Blocks


When I first moved in I realized working with the 50's linoleum might prove to be a challenge. I wanted to downplay the floor as much as possible so I thought why not just make the wall so obnoxiously loud and the floor will just disapear. I picked out colors that would tie into those used in the backsplash and in the floor. All this took was 2" painters tape artfully arranged and color applied as needed. I believe it ended up looking like some sort of city block map, which I think is pretty rad. If I had the chance to do it again I would of made some of the black shapes with chalkboard paint like the wall on the right.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelly S said...

Does the wall still look like this!? Is there more of the wall to the left of the picture? I love this!! Could you post more pics of the wall!?

February 12, 2015 at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home