Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Boho Flower Accessory

preliminary sketch



You'll need:

liquid stich, old jeans, scissors, old buttons,
tweezers (to tear the jean edge), needle and thread


Sew these on, or clip them on for a more temporary facelift

Sew onto a scrap ribbon to make a casual headband



So a friend of mine asked me to create a money bag for the money dance she and her groom will be doing on the big day. If your not familiar with this custom....the bride and groom start out dancing to a song and guests one by one shell out cash to have a brief dance with either of them. Anyways, I want to do something really delicate and consistent with their theme. Obviously any item for the big day has to be perfect so I figured I'd have a little fun practicing. I made a flowers for myself from some old jeans I had laying around. These are great to dress up an old pair of flats. The pics above explain the process. There will be a more refined and elegant fabric flowers for the loot sack. I will be posting this in the coming weeks.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home