Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Craft Your Own Geometric Christmas Tree


If your like me and live in a small 1/1 apartment, a full size christmas tree can be a little overwhelming.  However, I still wanted to get in the holiday spirit so crafting my very own Xmas tree just seemed like the perfect solution.  I started by hand drawing 2 tree profiles on black foam core.  My next step was to glue neutral tone magazine clipings (black, white, grey) to the tree profile.  I overlapped over the outline a little to ensure no black was exposed.  For the leaves I glued down a patch of monotone red clippings and a patch of monotone green clipppings which I then cut leaves from.  I then cut one of the tree profiles in half and glued them to the other tree profile.  I then cut out H shaped connector pieces to attach the leaves to the branches.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen something similiar at anthropology, but they wanted 40 bucks for it. This is a much more affordable approach.

November 23, 2010 at 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to make one of these for a bridal shower where guest could write there advice on the individual leaves. It would be easy to customize this to the brides chosen colors for the wedding.

November 23, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home