Saturday, November 27, 2010

Green Gift Wrapping


In an effort to be green I decided I would not purchase gift wrap this holiday season.  I limited myself to use only the things in my home to wrap presents.  My first go to was newspaper, but it doesn't really have enough comics anymore so I figrued I'd snazz it up myself.  I cut a triangle shape from an extra kitchen sponge made a paper plate full of blue paint and just started sponge painting different patterns.  My intention was to make a real geometric pattern, but it actually ended up looking more organic then expected so I embraced it.  I pushed it even further by using a crumpled paper towel to make an abstract flower pattern. I carreied out the home made theme by wrapping each gift with lace, fabric, hemp, and using a finish sample for the to from tag.





Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home